Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 21

I learned a lot from the Web Junction article on social networking. It had the best information that I have seen on how social networking can apply the all of us, and for once, not just the youth. Libraries are for all ages and so can social networking be. I loved the last two lines of the article. They say it all.
"The library is already a community space. Let's make the social web a new meeting room. We already interact in person. Let's begin interacting online".

I think that I could be sold on social networking after viewing some of the "grownup" sites on Gather and WebJunction. I love Bake Space and Open Source Food. I like to cook and am always on the internet looking for new recipes. I looked at Good Reads and also found that interesting. Aren't all of us interested in what others are reading?

No comments: