Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 17

ELM Productivity Tool

Had trouble with setting up the search alert. I didn't think that there were good instructions. I went to the 23 Things on a stick news, but I thought that it just gave clues on how to do it. That was the first time that I heard of the newsletter. I think that it would have been helpful.

I had never used ELM before. I have obviously heard of it, but never had a need to try it. I had a hard time with this at first also. I could not open any of the articles. Thank heaven for college kids. My daughter told me that many of the articles can't be opened on the web sites. I was picking all of the wrong articles. After finding that out, I was able to find and open some.

I set up my pages on EBSCO and ProQuest. Not sure where I would ever use these. Why couldn't all of the assignments be as easy as the NetLibrary one?

ELM provides access to accurate information. Many people don't realize that not all of the information online is accurate. Students should be informed of this excellent source of information for research papers.

No comments: