Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 13

I liked the iGoogle start page the best. It was less "busy" than some of the others. Great for my needs. I like having the weather available on my desktop at a glance.

I liked the Backpack calender the best. It was simple, easy to read and easy to set up. I used to have a calender set up with Outlook, at another job. It was great! I would have to put down all of my bosses haircut and dentist appointments. He would forget if I didn't remind him. That's where the different colors in Backpack are nice. I will have to put one on my new computer at work. Much easier than trying to remember to turn the page in my day planner.

I do really like the idea of the reminders. They are very helpful. We so easily get distracted during the day.

Do we really need another site like Ta-Da List to go to and make a list? What happened to just typing it out in Word, printing it off and crossing things out with a pencil? Or handwriting it on a piece of paper?

No comments: