Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 10

I had heard of Wikis before, but I don't think that I had ever used one. I couldn't believe all of the information available in some of them. I really enjoyed the Minnesota Public Radio Minnewiki. It was interesting to look up different Mn musicians.

The Common Craft video on wikis was about planning a trip. I talked about using Google Docs to plan a trip in thing 9. I think that this would also be a great tool for trip planning. You'd never know that I like to travel would you? I guess being snowed in for a second weekend in a row is making me crazy!!!

I also like the idea of using it for book reviews. It could be somewhat like Amazon where you can see what a number of people think about a particular book. I am often more influenced by what the typical reader thinks about a book, than I am by a journal review.

I added my entry to the 23 Things Wiki. Finally something that was easy!

No comments: