Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 20

I wish I could remember who wrote it, but another blog said that her "advisers" (her kids) told her how to do this Thing. My kids will not allow me to sign up for Facebook, the one that they use. They are so embarrassed that someone might see me.

I signed up for Myspace and found some friends.

I don't ever expect to use this. No time or desire. I'm sure I would have liked it when I was younger. I know that the kids have lots of fun with it. My kids enjoy using Facebook. A recent survey done at the University of MN states that of those parents surveyed, 92% of their kids use FaceBook or MySpace. 11% of the parents have a site.

I liked the Denver and Hennepin County Library MySpace pages. Lots of cool stuff for the kids. Links to fun and interesting things. I liked the list of the favorite books of the year. Since I do most of the buying for our collection, I like to see what others are reading.

No comments: